Like us on Facebook & Twitter
Serving the Greater Raleigh Area since 1991. Residential & Commercial.
HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING—MAINTENANCE & INSPECTION
Routine maintenance of your air conditioning and heating system is important. When the Raleigh, NC area weather begins to change for the season, don't be left with a broken HVAC system. One of the best ways to prevent costly heating and air conditioning repairs is to have your unit inspected twice a year—Spring & Fall. By allowing us to be your seasonal maintenance specialist, your system will be in good hands! Contact Carlton Heating & Air Conditioning Inc for maintenance on your air conditioner and heater at 919-790-3810. Ask us about our yearly maintenance service plan.
1. CONDENSER COIL will be inspected and cleaned as required. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty condenser coils raise refrigerant pressure higher than needed, increasing your electrical bill.
2. EVAPORATOR COIL will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Evaporator coils become dirty because air filters only collect a portion of the particles in the air. Even a small amount of dirt can decrease efficiency and increase operating costs. This is also a major cause of compressor failure. Customer should replace properly sized air filter every month.
3. BLOWER WHEELS will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty blower wheels reduce air flow, causing longer operating time and increased cost. This problem can lead to lost comfort and compressor failure.
4. REFRIGERANT CHARGE checked by super- heat/sub cooling method. VALUE TO YOU - A low or high refrigerant charge can easily go unnoticed and increase operating costs. An improper charge can also cause it to shut down.
5. AIR FILTER will be replaced at customer’s option. VALUE TO YOU - A restricted air filter can cause your air conditioning unit to waste energy and shorten the compressors life.
6. LUBRICATION of motors and bearings. VALUE TO YOU - Improperly lubricated rotating equipment will eventually fail.
7. THERMOSTAT will be checked and calibrated as required. VALUE TO YOU - Improperly calibrated thermostats allow the unit to run longer than necessary. Every degree your air conditioning operates below 78 degrees can add 5% to 8% to the cost of cooling.
8. CONTROLS & SAFETIES will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Controls and safeties that do not function property can increase operation cost and cause other components to fail.
9. MOTORS will be cleaned and inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty motors are less efficient and will fail sooner.
10. CAPACITORS will be checked for leakage. VALUE TO YOU - Bad capacitors can lead to compressor and motor failure.
11. CONDENSATE DRAIN will be checked to assure it is open. VALUE TO YOU - Algae can plug a condensate drain, which can cause expensive water damage.
12. CRANKCASE HEATER will be operationally checked. VALUE TO YOU - Crankcase heaters that do not work can lead to a compressor failure.
13. RELAYS, CONTACTORS & UNIT WIRING will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Worn contacts and loose wire connections can lead to a motor or compressor failure.
14. UNIT DISCONNECT will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - A worn or overheated disconnect blows fuses and is dangerous.
15. DUCT WORK will be checked for leaks and proper insulation. VALUE TO YOU - Duct leaks may exist from the t me it was installed, and insulation can fall off. Unrepaired duct work problems can increase operating costs by 30% or more. Accessible duct work will be inspected at least once during the first year of the agreement.
HEAT PUMPS WILL RECEIVE 1-15 PLUS:
16. DEFROSTER will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - A defrost timer that is not working properly can cause a loss of heat and can shorten the compressor's life.
17. REVERSING VALVE will be operationally checked. VALUE TO YOU - A reversing valve that is not operating properly can waste energy and cause a loss of operation.
18. AUXILIARY HEAT STRIPS will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - Heat strips that are not operating properly can cause a loss of heat or increase electric cost higher than necessary.
GAS HEATING SYSTEMS
1. HEAT EXCHANGER will be inspected for cracks and deterioration. VALUE TO YOU - Heat exchangers can develop cracks with age. If they exist, there is a risk of serious illness from the toxic fumes emitted.
2. AIR FILTER will be replaced at customer’s option. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty air filters can increase operating costs.
3. BURNERS will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Dirty burners can cause poor combustion. You pay for useful heat that "goes up the stack."
4. THERMOCOUPLE will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - A detective thermocouple will cause the furnace to shut down.
5. FAN SWITCH will be checked and adjusted as needed. VALUE TO YOU - A fan switch that is not properly adjusted can waste energy or cause nuisance fan cycling.
6. PILOT and adjusted as necessary. VALUE TO YOU Weak or dirty pilots can easily be extinguished, causing the furnace to shut down.
7. SAFETY CONTROLS Will be operationally checked. VALUE TO YOU - Safety controls that do not operate can cause dangerous problems.
8. BLOWER WHEEL will be checked, and MOTOR lubricated. VALUE TO YOU - Motor will last longer, and the temperature more comfortable.
9. COMBUSTION AIR will be checked. VALUE TO YOU - Blocked or restricted combustion air openings can be dangerous.
10. FLUE PIPE will be inspected. VALUE TO YOU - Flue pipe corrosion or leaks are dangerous.
11. SECURE all panels. VALUE TO YOU Loose panels can increase costs and cause a dangerous condition
12. THERMOSTAT will be checked and calibrated required. VALUE TO YOU - Improperly calibrated thermostats allow the unit to run longer than necessary. Every degree your air conditioning operates below 78 degrees can add 5% to 8% to the cost of cooling.